For the project to realise its true vision, we are sharing the new structure for the network, what it means for the community and developers.
Porta is a Substrate-based, Nominated Proof-Of-Stake blockchain network. It consists of a relay network along with custom blockchains networks connected to it.
Each blockchain is sector-specific, built for fast-growing sectors such as NFTs, Gaming, DeFi and more.
Porta’s unique infrastructure design enables its ecosystem to maintain high performance while it adapts and scales to bring blockchain to the masses.
Porta’s sector-specific parachains are built to increase performance and avoid issues that plagued legacy blockchains.
For example, gaming requires small blocks with many transactions per second. NFTs require large blocks which cause slower transactions. A blockchain that allows NFT’s must reduce the speed of their transactions which harms gaming.
By separating the sectors, the network can optimise each chain for a specific use cases and not lose out on performance.
Porta’s sector-specific parachain design allows it to generate parachains to adapt to market demand. Making Porta a very powerful and composable network.
As new sectors emerge, Porta can deploy new parachains that are custom-built to the needs of that sector. Thus introducing new thriving sectors to the wider Porta Ecosystem.
Each sector-specific parachain is connected via the Porta Relay Chain which allows the parachains to communicate with each other.
Programmed in Rust, to ensure the developer community can easily connect or build within the ecosystem.
Price appreciation stagnates blockchain usage and development. Creating a barrier to entry that slows the growth of Web3. This leads to traditional blockchains being victims of their own success.
Porta’s tokenomics solves this by only allowing the core currency, $PORTA, to appreciate in value.
Each sector-specific parachain has its own coin pegged to a fixed value. As those coins change in value, the project maintains a peg by adjusting the circulating supply by selling, buying or minting coins.
This creates a single point of price appreciation and removes the prospect of a coin appreciating beyond utility.
The new structure allows the project to scale to meet market demands. Additionally, it will benefit:
- Build decentralized applications (dApps) on a chain that is optimised for your use-case that can scale to your ambition without compromising performance.
- Clear standardisation to reduce development friction and increase the number of developers building across the entire network.
- There will be a sector-specific parachain to meet any market need you might have.
- As a validator, you will have the opportunity to run nodes for each individual parachain, for example, nodes for NFT, Gaming and DeFi parachains.
- Each community member will benefit from improved accessibility to new sectors such as NFTs, Gaming, DeFi and more.
- Tokenomics are inclusive instead of exclusionary, with the goal to improve participation regardless of economic background.
What is Next?
- The updated roadmap details upcoming product releases, all of which are built on the new structure
- For example, the soon-to-launch NFT marketplace will be launched on the Porta NFT parachain
As the project starts to release more products, be sure to follow the accounts below to not miss any upcoming releases, learn more about the opportunities to participate and updates.