Quarterly Review Q3 2021
Over Q3 2021 at Porta, we have been releasing products with the goal of facilitating users interaction and bring the best user experience to the blockchain space.
Here are the key highlights across the quarter.
At the time of writing:
- Active validators — 400
- Number of $KIAN holders — 9,328
- Assets on testnet — 104
- Speed of blockchain — 6-second block time
- Twitter — from 10,0778 to 16,500 followers (an increase of 53.08%)
- Telegram — from 12,236 to 15,013 members (an increase of 22.69%)
- Reddit — from 7 to 3,300 members (an increase of 47,042.9%)
- Discord — from a 8 to 1,805 members (an increase of 22,462.5%)
We released Padlock, our testnet, which generated a great response from our developer community.
Since the release of Padlock, the project has added 400 active validators and 219 on the validator waitlist.
We are excited to continue to work with our developer community to secure and grow the network!
In order to deliver the full vision of Porta, updated the roadmap to bring the company vision into reality. You can view the live roadmap here.
Looking ahead, this is what to expect over the coming months:
- $KIAN Staking — allowing anyone to stake their $KIAN tokens to earn additional $KIAN tokens
- NFT marketplace (Beta) — a seamless NFT experience for creators and collectors
- Porta Ambassadors — create a global Porta ambassador network
- Company Vision Update — sharing the next phase of the company and sharing details on the $KIAN to $PORTA conversion event
- Porta Mainnet — launch Porta mainnet
- Porta Ecosystem Update — sharing the next phase of the Porta Ecosystem
- Token Conversion Event — $KIAN to $PORTA conversion, everyone will retain the same % ownership with $PORTA
- NFT Marketplace Mainnet — marketplace moves to the Porta Mainnet
- Portanaut — release of Porta’s NFT collection
- Porta Station Exchange — to facilitate the exchange of coins within the Porta ecosystem
- $PORTA Staking — allowing anyone to stake their $PORTA tokens to earn more rewards
Our community grew with leaps and bounds in Q3:
- Increased to 15,000 members on Telegram
- Approximately 40,000 $KIAN tokens were given to the community
- Super Fan Portal, 8 super fans were chosen from the community
- Beta Portal, 6 Beta members
- Unofficial Russian Community Group was launched by a community member
- The Official Trading group launched
- Bimonthly community conversations, we held 7 telegram lives successfully (you can catch the recaps here)
- Launched our Discord community successfully with over 1,800 members by end of the quarter
- Increase in general community activity across the board
We had a number of initiatives over the quarter:
We announced our staking and validator partnership with Huobi Pool. Once we finalise the conversion of the $KIAN token to the $PORTA token, our partnership with Huobi will allow Huobi users to stake their $PORTA directly with them.
We launched Ecosystem Grants to help boost the development of the ecosystem. We announced the winner, EvidenZ and you can read more about the company here.
We will be launching the second cohort of ecosystem funding in early 2022, follow our news channel to not miss that announcement.
Also in Q3, the project launched airdrops to reward the community. Over 83,7000 submissions from the wider community all for the chance to win a share of 12,500 $KIAN that will be awarded to 250 community members.
If you missed this airdrop, be sure to follow our Twitter account to not miss the next one.
We also launched a meme contest to allow the Porta community to allow their creative skills to flourish.
Here are the 5 winners and honourable mentions. We were excited to see such creative work.
That is it for this quarterly recap, stay tuned for the last quarter of 2021!